Monday, October 16, 2006

Sun Ray














(click on picture to purchase)

This painting is one of a continuing series I
have been working on for a number of years
of the same field near my studio. I think
that I've painted it in every season and every
kind of light, yet it still provides inspiration
and subject matter for new work. There is
something elemental, and perhaps monu-
mental about this composition and the way
light plays around and off and through the
landscape. Perhaps it is because this field
is surrounded by woods, which is one kind of
environment, and the flat, cultivated fields
provide another contrasting dimension which
makes it so interesting to me. I always have
liked edges and boundaries like this, the same
way I was always drawn to the marshes of
the Hudson River when I lived there.

No comments: